ISRO has introduced a free online cybersecurity course tailored for working professionals in the Central and State Governments. Called ‘Course on geo-data sharing and cyber security’, it will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS).
ISRO states that the mission of the free online course is to research, educate, train, and foster startups in remote sensing data and geo-informatics, aiming to create technological safeguards for protecting critical infrastructure.
Things to Know:
1. The course is part of an outreach programme of IIRS which started in 2007 with 12 universities.
2. It will cover theoretical and practical aspects of cyber defence and threats. Topics include an overview of cybersecurity challenges, software tools for secure data access, and ensuring safe transactions in web and mobile applications.
3. The programme spans 14 days and is offered free of cost.
4. Participants achieving 70 percent attendance will receive certificates.
5. The course will be conducted from 28 November to 11 December, 2023.
6. Interested professionals can fill out and submit the form to receive a registration number for enrollment in the class.
7. Interested candidates can apply for the course here.
8. After successful registration, sign in to IIRS Eclass platform to join sessions live or offline.
(Edited by Pranita Bhat)